Thursday 2 July 2015

No churn Ice Cream and yummy Popsicles


So we had the hottest day on record yesterday, and today, it's raining! Talk about a typical British summer! However, the warm weather is set to continue for a little while longer and nothing helps you cool down like some ice cream!

I have a very old fridge/freezer. The freezer compartment is pretty limiting. It has 3 draws, and can't hold anything too large, so an ice cream maker is currently out of the picture. There is no way I could freeze anything of that size! This lead me to set up an Ice Cream board on Pinterest for any receipes that didn't require an Ice Cream maker. I also own a Zuko popsicle maker and plenty of molds, so made myself a Popsicle board too!

From my boards, I'm sharing my favourite recipes which include ones I have actually already made. I plan to make the rest during the summer holidays! We have a nice mix of the healthy and indulgent on this list, so whatever your preference, you should be able to find something to your taste here!

When I go out to eat at an Italian restaurant, I do enjoy a Semi Freddo for dessert. I wanted to try making my own, and found this recipe on the BBC Good Food page.


Coffee Semi Freddo. My mouth is drooling over the picture! Find the recipe here.

For those who like their food to be healthy and 'clean', this banana ice cream is a winner.


One Ingredient Chef shows you how to whip this up along with some tasty flavour combinations. Head over here for all the details.

Another healthy recipe that uses bananas is this Banana and Peanut butter ice cream from BBC Good Food.


Anything with peanut butter is alright with me! Find the recipe here.

Lemons are always refreshing and tasty, and as much as I love chocolate, lemon flavoured desserts always get my vote.


This lovely lemon ice cream features coconut milk and no sugar. Head over to Eat Healthy Eat Happy for all the details.

This gorgeous chocolate ice cream is so easy to make and so delicious.


The only thing I found with this recipe is that it needed a lot more thawing time than stated. However, you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it softens up nicely. Find the recipe here from Bright Eyed Baker.

How about some frozen yogurt instead?


Lovely flavour of mangoes screams summer! Head over to Cookie and Kate for the recipe.

For a truly indulgent treat, this Snickers Ice Cream is perfect!


Bye bye to the diet with this one! Find the recipe at Homemade by You here.

Let's move on to some hand held treats. Revisiting peanut butter and banana but in Popsicle form.


These look rich and indulgent.but are pretty healthy. The recipe can be found at My Fussy Eater.

I also love anything coconut flavoured. There is so much you can make with a can of coconut milk. I seem to always have a can or two in the cupboard!


Simple and healthy. Find the recipe at The Coconut Mama.

Now these homemade Fudge Popsicles are so fudgy and so delicious. These are on rotation in this house!


I strongly urge you to make these! The Brown Eyed Baker has this recipe here.

Do you like cookies? Chocolate Chip cookies?


Don't these look delicious from Got Chocolate? Find the recipe here.

Now of course kids love popsicles, but it's always nice to have something that is just for us adults, am I right?


These ones you don't/can't share with the kids! What a shame! Pimm's Cup Popsicles from Shutterbean. Perfect for Wimbledon fortnight. Find the recipe here.

The main thing that drew me to these popsicles was the rainbow of colour.


They look so inviting with those beautiful colours. Plus they are made with plenty of fruit! Find the recipe here from Skinny Taste.

Back to the bananas and more fruit!


These are healthy, no sugar, just fruit!  These are from Gimme Some Oven, and the recipe can be found here.

Ending on a lovely healthy note with these fruity popsicles.


More bananas help to make these delicious popsicles with the addition of some allspice! This recipe is from Off Beat and Inspired and can be found here.

There are even more recipes to be found on my boards, so head over there if none of these grab your fancy, but I highly doubt it!

Have a great weekend!


















No comments:

Post a Comment