Tuesday 21 July 2015

Personalised Notebooks/Journals


This week is the last week of school, so naturally thoughts turn to teacher's gifts. We normally make a little something so that they get something fairly unique from our family.

One of the things we enjoy making are personalised notebooks. Taking something plain and boring and giving it a lovely individual look, and hopefully geared towards the recipient.

Earlier on in the year I shared my decopatch covered notebook for Mother's Day. It's the lovely polka dot book you can see here. For details of how I made that one head over to this post.

Another great way to cover a notebook is with fabric.


I cut the fabric to size and then glued this to the front and back covers of the book. I added a ribbon tie in the same way as I had done for the decopatch covered book.


Another fun idea is to cover the book completely in glitter! The glitter I used here was quite coarse and I would recommend using a fine glitter for a smoother finish. I firstly painted the book in a colour that was similar to the glitter I was going to use. Once that was dry, I then covered the book in glue and began to sprinkle the glitter all over it.  You have to be very generous so as to cover the front of the book completely. You may find you have some gaps at the end where you can just add additional glue and glitter to.

Repeat this process on the other side of the book. Once this is completely dry you need to spray the entire notebook with clear sealer. This will stop the majority of the glitter from coming off! I also added some embellishments to the front along with a ribbon tie.

For an even quicker project, use stickers! Here we have used travel stickers as the recipient is going travelling for a year.

Firstly we took the little Smash book we found with travel notes inside, and stuck this to the inside cover of the notebook.

We then covered the front with the person's name and a selection of the travel stickers we had purchased.

Simple yet personal. To add an extra personal touch, my son wrote in the front of the book.

A heartfelt note is always lovely to receive.

All ready to give tomorrow!

Enjoy those last school days!

















No comments:

Post a Comment