Tuesday 9 June 2015

Father's Day gifts to make or buy


This week has begun so much better than last week! Our cat is on the mend, we have a diagnosis (he has a heart condition), and we now have the right medication for him. He is going to have to take the tablets for the long term but he is back to his normal self and it is wonderful to see!

With all that has been going on with our cat and the renovation of our bedroom, I am glad I have already sorted out my husband's Father's Day gift. However, I wanted to share my favourite home made gifts from around the web, and some of the ideas I have either bought or would buy for my husband, Dad or Father in Law. I hope they inspire you!

Let's start with the creative side of things! Those gifts you have to make!

25 DIY Leather Gifts for Men - Tutorials at EverythingEtsy.com

On EverythingEtsy they have rounded up the best leather gifts for men. Check them out here.

cat tea glass> so making this for... oh you know who you are!

I only pinned this the other week. What a fun thing to do with a glass! There are so many possibilities with this one. The original blog post can be found here.

DIY Father's Day Shirt. I like the idea of a Father's Day shirt w/ the "est." date, but may try to find a different way to do it other than bleach.

Something personalised is always a lovely idea, totally unique to the person receiving the gift. I liked this t-shirt because she added Est. to it. It makes this t-shirt even more unique. Find the tutorial over at She Knows.

Fun and Creative Personalized Coffee Mugs | Page 2 of 6 | DIYmazing

There are all different tutorials for Sharpie mugs. My son and I used this tutorial to make a Christmas gift for his teacher. It makes a nice token gift and the mug can be filled with some of their favourite treats. The tutorial for this particular one can be found at Glued to my Crafts blog.

Upcycling Keyboard in electronics accessories  with Upcycled keyboard Jewels Computer Accessories

There is no tutorial for this pen holder but it is very easy to do. My son made one like this for his Dad. We took an old coffee can and hot glued the keys to it. We didn't have quite enough to cover the whole tin so we painted it black before gluing and painted 'Dad's Pens' around the middle in white.

Dapper Bookmarks for Dad - Father's Day gift by The Casual Craftlete

These bookmarks look very simple and can be added to their favourite book to make the perfect gift. The tutorial for these can be found at The Casual Craftlete.

25 DIY Gifts for Dad

Another good round of ideas can be found at Polkadot Chair.


I just love the idea of these home made spicy nuts with free printables at Bird's Party!

Cycle lunch bag

Home made lunch bag for his bike? Find this on EvilMadScientist.

 Nail pouch

How about a tool belt for when he needs them right away! Find the tutorial for this over at About.com.

If that's all a bit too much you can't go wrong with a gift from NotOnTheHighStreet.com. These are a pick of my favourites from that site.


What will you be making or buying?






No comments:

Post a Comment