Friday 5 December 2014

TIS THE SEASON!







I saw this quote on Pinterest and I think it sums up my feelings quite well.

Fashion - Ralph Lauren

I am certainly no fashion expert and I would not say that I am bang on trend but I love clothes and I love finding inspiration to recreate outfits that I see on Pinterest using the items in my wardrobe.

I like any excuse to get dressed up! If I am out to dinner with friends say, I like to wear something I wouldn't normally, perhaps something lacy or brightly coloured. As Christmas is fast approaching I am thinking about the outfits I want to wear over the festive season. Even if I don't have many or any parties to attend, Christmas still calls for us to dress up.

The collage of pictures above shows just a tiny glimpse of the kind of outfits I like to wear. I love lace or sequins and look for ways to enhance them or down play, depending on the occasion.

Sequins are so much fun, dressed up or down, they just add some happy sparkle to any outfit.
I just love a sequin covered dress and this year there appears to be many styles and colours just waiting to be snapped up!

These short styles are very me, especially the long sleeves, bold colours and reasonable priced ones!


From left Sequin belted skater dress by New Look £30.00 - Dark green body con dress by New Look £39.99 - Purple body con dress by New look £39.99

If I had somewhere quite grand to go I would certainly choose a long dress as it looks so elegant and formal. Head to toe sequins? What's not to love!


How gorgeous are these? I particularly like the two tone dress!
From left Navy sequin split hem dress by New Look £59.99 - Dark red V neck dress by New look £54.99 - Ombre mermaid dress by Ossie Clark £199.00

If you are thinking that all those sequins are far too much, how about just a little sparkle?


These lovely dresses have just a hint of sparkle and are just as party worthy as the full out blinged ones!
From left Grey sequin dress by Coast £175.00 - Navy dress by Warehouse £75.00 - Pussycat chiffon sequin dress by New Look £25.00

What's your style?


No comments:

Post a Comment